[Gta04-owner] The sound level changes with or without remote USB cable

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Fri Nov 9 00:00:19 CET 2012

I have a suggestion that might help to narrow this down.

If you could save the ALSA state both when plugged in (audio works) and
when not plugged in (audio does not work), then we could compare the two
states to see if that yields any clues as to what is going on.

The ALSA state can be saved by running this command on the phone:

alsactl store -f filename.state

where the filename should obviously be different each time; I'd suggest
something like "working.state" and "silent.state" just to make it
obvious which is which.

My first thought was that this might be the headset detection problem,
but then I realized that it would have made the call silent both ways,
not just from you to the other end, so that's probably not it...

The other thought was that if the states are identical, this problem is
apparently somewhere below ALSA, either a (strange) hardware fault or
maybe something to do with the modem state (related to the
software/hardware routing, perhaps)...

Either way, knowing the differences (if any) should narrow things down
at least a little bit.

Regards,
-Frode