[Gta04-owner] debian+qtmoko kernel+X11: y-axis wrong

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Dec 2 19:27:26 CET 2012

>> when xorg.conf's ServerFlag section contains
>>
>> Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
> [...]
>> if i disable said Option, X uses ~100% cpu
>
> I'm surprised you can't find that by a bit of searching.  It's been
> observed and discussed several times previously.

not sure, what you are refrerring to.
a) _i_ was refrerring to any logs on the system
b) in Nikolaus' xorg.conf there's a comment, explaining that this
behaviour may occur -- sofar that's been sufficient for me:
	# using udev devices and (default) rules in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/
	# installs 2 or 3 touchscreen drivers which interfere and make Xorg draw
100% CPU power
	# therefore we use static Section "InputDevice" entries

c) how do you propose to "search"? google gives exactly one match for
"AutoAddDevices 100% cpu" related to this list -- that one is 1)
irrelevant and 2) unanswered.
http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/ is hardly a searchable
source, unless it's indexed by google

last, but most importantly: i mentioned that to give some more information
than a mere "X crashes when ..."
and that was, in fact, the question i posed: what do i do with that
crashing X?

i thougth it possible that someone alreday had experienced the issue and
did know a workaround or even solution.