[Gta04-owner] [Community] What software are we still missing on GTA04 distributions?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Aug 4 17:48:51 CEST 2012

"Robin Seidel" <spielraum at web.de> writes:

> * QtMOKO
> - the reason why I would like to have a .desktop like file to tell the phone
> which rotation mode the app should use is that I do not want the autorotation
> be on all the time. for writing sms I would always want landscape mode but for
> editing contact I would always want portrait mode. so for a .desktop file there
> could be a rotation=landscape/portrait/auto with the last just taking the
> current rotation mode of the system.

I'd like that function too, but was thinking that it would be an
evolution of the existing Rotation setting app.  I.e. first we'd add an
"autorotate" checkbox to that app, and then we'd also add a way of
configuring exceptions, along the lines of "But Contacts and QtMaze
should always be portrait".

But it would be fine to have an optional .desktop file declaration as
well.  A declaration of "landscape" or "portrait" could automatically
generate an exception in the Rotation app.

The combination of those two approaches would allow us to configure
orientation both for existing apps, and completely automatically for new
apps.

What do you think?

       Neil