[Gta04-owner] Status GTA04 EA

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 22:11:34 CEST 2011

Hallo Nikolaus,

Thank you for another chapter in the rise of the Phoenux!

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 21:16:59 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> 1. USB-OTG is now working (after we removed the USB1.0
> compatible ESD protection chip). The typical ping time in
> ethernet gadget mode is 0.3 ms
Is that slower than initially expected? Pinging over USB with a GTA02 and
short USB cable does not show any latency in ping (0.000 ms)

> 2. The integration of the McBSP interface into ALSA works.
> Rene was able to record a phone call using arecord.
Is it suitable for download, in case we don't mind Rene's sultry voice?

> 3. Production of the remaining EA boards is now scheduled
> for next Monday. I will try to make another video recording.
That is, the boards for the remaining EA-ists...

> 4. Next batch
> So we come close to planning the next batch of units :)
...and those are the "real thing"?

> The plan is that we get new quotations after production
> and testing of all the EA boards is finished. And, we will
> update the PCB layout to fix all the small issues we
> already know.
Things are drawing to an end now! Exciting, as the headlines ever are :-)
Thanks for working in the ditches!

Boudewijn