[Gta04-owner] Status GTA04 EA

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Sep 14 22:33:38 CEST 2011

Hello Boudewijn,

Am 14.09.2011 um 22:11 schrieb Boudewijn:

> Hallo Nikolaus,
>
> Thank you for another chapter in the rise of the Phoenux!
>
> On Wednesday 14 September 2011 21:16:59 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> 1. USB-OTG is now working (after we removed the USB1.0
>> compatible ESD protection chip). The typical ping time in
>> ethernet gadget mode is 0.3 ms
> Is that slower than initially expected? Pinging over USB with a GTA02 and

0.3 ms for 56 byte pings, i.e. roughly 100 bytes means something like 26 MBit/s.
Well, most time is spent in the kernel handling buffers and the ICMP protocol.

> short USB cable does not show any latency in ping (0.000 ms)

This can't be. I think the GTA02 timer simply isn't precise enough to
measure it.

>> 2. The integration of the McBSP interface into ALSA works.
>> Rene was able to record a phone call using arecord.
> Is it suitable for download, in case we don't mind Rene's sultry voice?

Maybe, Rene could upload it somewhere.

>> 3. Production of the remaining EA boards is now scheduled
>> for next Monday. I will try to make another video recording.
> That is, the boards for the remaining EA-ists...

Yes!

>> 4. Next batch
>> So we come close to planning the next batch of units :)
> ...and those are the "real thing"?

Well, everything is the "real thing". We just do bug fixing releases :)

Similar to software: the "unstable" of today will be the "testing" of tomorrow
and the "stable" of the day after tomorrow. And the "unsupported" of next week...

Only the time is dilated.

But now I am sure we will see plenty of GTA04 units at FOSDEM
(4th/5th of February 2012)!