[Gta04-owner] gta04 audio patches

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Sep 4 18:52:31 CEST 2011

Am 04.09.2011 um 18:30 schrieb Maximilian Seesslen:

> Hello,
>
> Is there no need of an audio-fabric like in a similar way as in file
> "sound/soc/fsl/pcm030-audio-fabric.c".
>
> I once  had a similar problem that the Alsa device (SoC, AC97) was not
> registered and even the init functions were not called. After creating the
> audio factory everything worked (MPC Platform).
>
> The issue was that the extern AC97-decoder/amplifier-chip had to be declared
> and initialized while the other drivers initialized MPC-side settings (GPIO
> etc.).
>
> I have no idea if this applies to GTA04 or even is tru :P .

Thanks for these hints!

I have looked inside, and it appears that the omap2 platform uses
the same approach (although it does not use the keyword "fabric").

E.g. sound/soc/omap2/omap3beagle.c appears to have a similar
function, i.e. initialize the real codec drivers and provide some
configuration.

What we have done is to take this as the basis to make a gta04.c
driver. And tried to extend it.

This is where the proposal from John comes in (I have to study it in detail).