[Gta04-owner] gta04 audio patches

Maximilian Seesslen mes at seesslen.net
Sun Sep 4 18:30:39 CEST 2011

Hello,

Is there no need of an audio-fabric like in a similar way as in file
"sound/soc/fsl/pcm030-audio-fabric.c".

I once  had a similar problem that the Alsa device (SoC, AC97) was not
registered and even the init functions were not called. After creating the
audio factory everything worked (MPC Platform).

The issue was that the extern AC97-decoder/amplifier-chip had to be declared
and initialized while the other drivers initialized MPC-side settings (GPIO
etc.).

I have no idea if this applies to GTA04 or even is tru :P .

Max