[Gta04-owner] plastic cases

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Wed Dec 14 16:20:38 CET 2011

On 2011-12-14, Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
>> Too bad you need GTA01/02 plastics for a GTA04!! You could also
>> start a project to re-fund creating molds for injection?
>

> Indeed.
>
> If I remember correctly this was more or less mass production.
>
> If some form of crude case could be produced for 3D printers of some
> sort, it'd be great.

The case isn't the only issue. You also need some of the hardware
components of the Freerunner. Here is a quote from a previous mail on
this list:

These parts are missing:
* very important: GSM/UMTS antenna (we have an idea for a substitute
  but = never tried)
* battery (there is a Nokia replacement)
* earpiece speaker, mono/stereo handsfree speakers (i.e. Headset sound
  = only)
* vibracall motor (may be not that important)
* internal GPS antenna (external should work through a hole in the
  case)
* Power and Aux buttons (mechanical parts)

The email was here:
http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-November/000630.html

This was the reason I personally decided to buy a Freerunner now so
that I can actually use the GTA04 as a mobile phone when it becomes
available.

John Ogness