[Gta04-owner] Status PCBs / Kernel development

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Apr 1 08:21:42 CEST 2011

Am 01.04.2011 um 00:07 schrieb Mike Frysinger:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 16:00, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> keeping up-to-date to mainline isnt hard ... once you get a git tree
>> going.  i already have to do this for the Blackfin tree, and for
>> various ADI device drivers, so adding a few more drivers to that list
>> probably wouldnt be a big deal :).  we just have to make sure that all
>> the existing patches we have contain proper author signed-off-by tags
>> before we can talk about mainline merging.
>>
>> i'm assuming golden delicious doesnt want to host its own git
>> server/trees, so kernel.org probably would be the next best place.  i
>> imagine though a dedicated e-mail list would be desirable for posting
>> patches and reviewing things ?  rather than adding that to this list ?
>
> ah, guess i should have clicked the links in the original e-mail.  i
> thought they were dirs of patches, not "InDefero" (never heard of that
> before) which includes git trees.
>
> do people want to stick to that style of development where everything
> is web based ?  that's really not the development methodology used

There is a git behind Indefero. Indefero is like a multi-project Trac which
is just a front-end for svn, git or hg.

BTW, our friends from Qi-Hardware (ben Nanonote) also use Indefero (http://projects.qi-hardware.com/)

> with Linux or U-Boot ... everything is done via e-mail and git.  seems
> like it'd be better to stick to the methods that the respective
> upstream projects are using so that people are comfortable with the
> process and dont have to switch back and forth between two completely
> different systems ?

Yes, work should be done by mail & git of course.
Here is a short (too short?) description how to compile the 2.6.32 kernel:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Build/

Anyone already tried?