[Tinkerphones] Librem 5

Paul Bryan pbryan at anode.ca
Tue Oct 24 23:17:56 CEST 2017

I pledged for the developer unit, really out of curiousity. I don't see
Librem seriously challenging the phone platform duopoly anytime soon.
It would take a large following to do so, or a mass migration toward
web-based mobile apps (I'm secretly hoping FireFoxOS was just ahead of
its time).

My crowdfunding well is not dry for such initiatives. I backed the
Neo900 (which I've now written off) and am currently a Pyra LTE model
backer. I'm personally hoping one platform can get some kind of a niche
foothold, and build a following from there.

Paul