[Tinkerphones] GTA04A5: good news and bad news

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 23:55:28 CET 2017

On woensdag 22 februari 2017 17:08:52 CET Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Wednesday 22. February 2017 15.49.53 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > Sadly, this also makes it really the last GTA04 batch which will
> > ever be built (making these GTA04A5 boards rare collectibles).

All of the series were/are.

> > Unless someone spends us enough money to make more experiments
> > with OMAP3 PoP soldering.
>
> Sorry to hear this particularly bad news!

It's really sad! I can't look without tears and some dread at the growing
thread.

Good luck with the Pyra, which can double (in functions and in thickness) as
an phablet and leaves an upgrade path for open source telephony :-)

And of course good luck with the 24 still born mother boards!

Best regards,

Boudewijn