[Community] New Slogan

Francesco De Vita francesco.devita at mailoo.org
Fri Jan 10 19:20:51 CET 2014

> "own" in the sense of "having in my hand" and
> "own" in the sense of "having control over it"
>
> Then it may be difficult to get the point for non-native speakers.
>
> Maybe we need something like 'The Phone that You Completely Own'?
>
> -- hns

I think it is difficult also for native speakers.
Ask to someone if he owns his phone, the answer is 'yes' for sure.
Then try to make it clear what we mean with 'to own' and you get a
confused person who looks at you weirdly.
(I tried once with a little girl playing with an iThing, and she looked
at me weirdly. Those concepts seem to be really difficult to understand
to the youngers, sadly.)
The concept is clear for us, it should be clear also for the others.

Joif