[Community] New Slogan

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jan 10 19:02:05 CET 2014

this discussion starts to become really interesting :)

Am 10.01.2014 um 18:44 schrieb Andrew Schenck:

> On 1/10/2014 6:32 AM, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:
>> Maybe
>>
>> <slogan>
>> May /you/ use your phone ? Feel freer !
>> </slogan>
>> (not sure about the exclamation mark)
> This is the same feeling I have about the FreeRunner and GTA04.  If I were to try to distill it into a catchphrase, it would be something like 'The Phone that You Own', and Xavi's comments apply. We can set ourselves apart from the devices that you are just 'borrowing' at the whims of the carrier, which may choose to delete the eBooks you've bought or applications you've installed.

Ah, do I get it right that there is a subtle levels of "ownership"?

"own" in the sense of "having in my hand" and
"own" in the sense of "having control over it"

Then it may be difficult to get the point for non-native speakers.

Maybe we need something like 'The Phone that You Completely Own'?

-- hns