[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v42

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 26 17:11:23 CEST 2012

Hi,
qtmoko v42 for GTA04 is out now. You can download images for SD card and
NAND/ubifs here [1]. For more info about qtmoko please visit our homepage[2].

List of changes since v41:

  * using initramfs for nice rootfs selection
  * ntpdate is now installed as part of rootfs image (Yann Dirson)
  * we have working ubifs images now
  * fixed atd killing (Yann Dirson)
  * fixed failed suspends #69 (Yann Dirson)
  * bluetooth now works on GTA04 (with bt-poweron.sh script)
  * many build cleanups and fixes (Yann Dirson)
  * fixed problem with fonts in qvfb (Yann Dirson)
  * disabled dimming in default gta04 conf
  * fixed nerongps version to old good one
  * closing modem before suspend and opening after resume on GTA04

I am continuing to work towards stable gsm calls. For this release i am trying
to close modem before suspend and open it after resume. As far as i have
tried, it seems to work. I had no missed calls since i did this change, but
more testing is needed (you can help here).

I spent a lot of time on booting ubifs from NAND. The result is very tiny
initramfs [3] that compiled to kernel. Using this ramfs has many advantages:

1/ you will boot to nice graphical menu with rootfs device selection
2/ you can have one kernel that boots from any device you can think of (SD
card, NAND, NFS, squashfs...). You can even have more distros on one partition
3/ it's easily customizable with busybox shell scripts
4/ the phone is charging in the bootmenu (unlike in u-boot menu)

All GTA04 distros are welcome to use this initramfs too. I can post a video
how it works later...

As for known bugs - there one problem with echo cancellation algorithm right
now: if you answer incoming call, you will hear no sound for like 5secs. This
is probably because of loud click that is caused by switching alsa state. I
have idea how to fix it, will do it soon.

Another know bug is that NAND boot will sometimes fail. Sometimes it wont boot
at all, sometimes with errors and sometimes without issues. You should check
dmesg after boot, if everything was ok. And for now i'd not use NAND at all -
maybe only for SD card recovery.

Last thing: with this release i can see 25mA current in suspend. Can someone
confirm this?

So please try the release, instructions for installing are at the same place
where download [1].

Regards

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/