[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] Example for SGX node wrapped in simple-bus

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jul 11 14:04:22 CEST 2020

Hi,
with our bindings discussion my proposal to wrap the SGX node in a simple-bus
was heavily rejected.

But by accident I found an example where it is wrapped. Upstream! See:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/prima2.dtsi?h=v5.8-rc4#n142

Well, it is not a simple-pm-bus as I had proposed, and the graphics
node defines a single clock, but adding a wrapper isn't that far away
as I was told...

Anyways, we have another CPU to take care of updating with our bindings
documentation.

And potentially another eval board for testing. If someone
owns such a board.

The "CSR SiRFprimaII Evaluation Board" from 2012 seems to be a
cortex a9 based board using sgx531 flavour. I could only
find a lot of press announcements from 2011 but no more
details and CSR was acquired by Qualcomm in 2015. So they
may have turned off all relevant web pages...

An overview is here:

https://linuxdevices.org/csr-promises-indoor-gps-launches-nav-enabled-cortex-a9-soc/

Wayback machine shows some product info:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120929222847/http://www.csr.com/products/137/sirfprimaii

But it is unlikely that anyone has a working setup and user-space
drivers...