[OHSW.org] Next Tinkerphones Hard&Software Hacking Meeting

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mo Nov 27 07:41:07 CET 2017

Hi,

> Am 23.11.2017 um 04:41 schrieb kardan <kardan at riseup.net>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am still lurking on this list. My interest was bigger once but since
> I have no testing hardare, I cannot contribute much. So I spend time
> on other open source projects, like the new version of hitchwiki.org.
>
> If someone would like to sponsor old or partly damaged hardware for
> testing, I would definitively look more into the GTA-04X. I could also
> come by for testing.
>
> Looks like the store has been robbed? No offers in sight. No campaign
> to queue pre-orders.
> http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04

Well, I still did not find a time frame to try to repair more of the
GTA04 boards. It is not forgotten but needs very careful work. Like
you do not do microsurgery between other tasks.

> https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04 "Release
> dat: January 2012"

This is not the latest one. The official replicant project is a little
slow to provide something for the GTA04. Therefore we have our own
Replicant for GTA04 project:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/

Unfortunately, Lukas the main developer has no more time to work on
it. Therefore there are also no new releases for a while.

There was a Replicant 6.0 demo running, but nobody maintains it (volunteers
welcome!):

https://twitter.com/goldelico/status/822817465617022976