[OHSW.org] Agenda...

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mi Nov 27 14:19:08 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:48:32 +0100
Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I already proposed to continue with the kernel hacking workshop and/or give
> some SMT soldering lessions if there is enough interest. Till now nobody
> replied (well, the message was somehow hidden within another mail...)

I could use some lessons in:
- SMT IC desoldering/replacing (SOIC/SSOP) without destroying traces
without
  using hot air, i still damage too many pcb traces.
- find your 0402 pieces on a clean table
- 0402 handling in general
- work with hot air

> To all kernel hackers out there: my workshop will try to give an
> introduction to kernel module development and introduce some kernel APIs
> which might be useful. Depending on the audience I will start at the very
> beginning or reuse a few parts from last year.
> Unfortunately I can't give a talk about all those interesting topics like
> device tree or in-depth power management issues..

well, these pm_runtime_* stuff would be interesting, if that is not too
"in-depth"
But since many apis have changed since i have last looked at them in
depth, I am happy to hear about everything.
Another point would be: the most practical ways to be able to use your
module with different kernel versions.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade