[Open-hard-software-event] My first open hardware project

rhn gode.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Wed Jun 29 15:44:09 CEST 2011

Hello!

I've just made a bicycle computer (HW/SW) and I'd like to release it as a free project. It would be the first open project I start, so I'd like to ask more experienced people for guidance in releasing it.
I realize that this is a list about the particular event, but I can't think of a better place to ask. If the project gains traction, maybe I will be able to participate in the event, too (after I brush up on my German)!

The project itself is available here: http://rhn.github.com/jazda/

As far as I reckon, there's no other free bicycle computer project in active development, and none came close to the costs I reached, so I am fairly optimistic :)
Still, I have a few concerns before a proper release, like the documentation quality, code quality, assembly guide, how to release hardware documentation etc.

I hope someone can comment on whether I did it properly or if it needs more work.

Cheers,
rhn

PS. Sorry for using English, my German is not as good as it used to be