[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC - MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 13 15:27:19 CET 2024

> Am 13.02.2024 um 12:28 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2024 10:22:29 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, feel free to take a look.
>>
>> Maybe the push did fail or have you pushed elsewhere?
>
> Yes, I forgot to push, so I have done so now.

Good news: works for me!

Some observed side-effects:

a) SD card speed reported by hdparm is now slower (37.56 MB/s -> 22.33 MB/s)
b) boot process feels slower than before (have not used a stopwatch and OST is still broken)
c) kernel got stuck with mmc1 still at 5 MHz; changing to 50 MHz as well made mmc1 work
d) an SDHC card reports also 22.32 MB/sec and a very old 512 MB SD card (from Openmoko Freerunner) reports 7.71 MB/s

which indicates that we were overclocking something because of wrong divisor calculations.

Unfortunately it does not solve magically the UART issue. Which must be quite
fundamental since UART is initialized very early.

So we know about these issues:
1. UART
2. TCU: "Set X1600-specific clock event flag." should be only x1600
3. OST ticks only once
4. gpio-buttons report only once
5. /proc/interrupts shows only one interrupt per press-release cycle for gpio-buttons
  (I'd assume a "both edge" interrupt butmay be wrong how the driver works)
6. no power-controller (should likely be part of the RTC driver)
7. no RTC driver
8. no SPI driver
9. no USB (PHY) driver
10. shadow gpio registers do not work (this invisible to user-space)
11. anything else?

BR and thanks,