[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Feb 10 11:32:57 CET 2024

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:11:40 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> > Am 09.02.2024 um 22:59 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> >> What I have as a theory is that the clocks are wrong and outside of specs. Some SD card
> >> and some x1600 MSC may handle this well - and in some cases not.
> >>
> > well, what I know about clocks:
> > date
> > shows something incrementing in a same way.
> > the [....] in console do only increment in the beginning, and now I have suddenly seen 0.000193.
>
> Yes, that is some bug in the OST (Operating System Timer?) driver which is not directly related to the CGU (Clock and Gate Unit?).

BTW:
/sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0 # cat available_clocksource
ingenic-ost ingenic-timer

while running
BusyBox v1.30.1 (Debian 1:1.30.1-6+b3)

which has also devmem included, uImage is just at 6MB
with that included.

-# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is not set
+CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
+CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="devnodes.txt root"
+CONFIG_INITRAMFS_ROOT_UID=1000
+CONFIG_INITRAMFS_ROOT_GID=1000
+CONFIG_RD_GZIP=y
+# CONFIG_RD_BZIP2 is not set
+# CONFIG_RD_LZMA is not set
+# CONFIG_RD_XZ is not set
+# CONFIG_RD_LZO is not set
+# CONFIG_RD_LZ4 is not set
+# CONFIG_RD_ZSTD is not set
+CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION_GZIP=y
+# CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION_NONE is not set

$ cat devnodes.txt
dir /dev 0755 0 0
dir /proc 0755 0 0
dir /sys 0755 0 0
nod dev/console 0620 0 0 c 5 1
nod dev/null 0666 0 0 c 1 3

for some reason devtmpfs (which would be initially populated) does not
get automounted, and to avoid fiddling with these nodes as root, I use this
file, so building initramfs works without root.

root is just bin/busybox + symlinks (including one from bin/busybox to /init

> Not having that running may have a minor influence on the MMC, but I am not sure it is.

well, I am looking around for suspicious things.
That is why I stumbled upon the led issue. Maybe I should check
whether gpio handling works, maybe something gets not driven correctly.