[Letux-kernel] mmc1 errors on Beaglebone Black since 5.17-rc3
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Thu Feb 17 11:10:13 CET 2022
> Am 15.02.2022 um 10:41 schrieb Jean Rene Dawin <jdawin at math.uni-bielefeld.de>:
> since kernel 5.17-rc1 I noticed slower emmc performance on Beaglebone
> Black, but didn't check the logs.
> When I tried to run 5.17.0-rc3-letux+ it booted fine, but during IO
> traffic there were messages like
> [ 662.529584] mmc1: error -110 doing runtime resume
> [ 669.293590] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
> [ 739.076072] mmc1: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
> [ 739.145676] mmc1: sdhci: ============ SDHCI REGISTER DUMP ===========
> [ 739.231053] mmc1: sdhci: Sys addr: 0x00000000 | Version: 0x00003101
> [ 739.316472] mmc1: sdhci: Blk size: 0x00000200 | Blk cnt: 0x00000400
> [ 739.401937] mmc1: sdhci: Argument: 0x00342d30 | Trn mode: 0x00000023
> [ 739.487439] mmc1: sdhci: Present: 0x01f70000 | Host ctl: 0x00000000
> [ 739.573007] mmc1: sdhci: Power: 0x0000000f | Blk gap: 0x00000000
> [ 739.658609] mmc1: sdhci: Wake-up: 0x00000000 | Clock: 0x00003c07
> [ 739.744224] mmc1: sdhci: Timeout: 0x00000007 | Int stat: 0x00000002
> [ 739.829896] mmc1: sdhci: Int enab: 0x027f000b | Sig enab: 0x027f000b
> [ 739.915623] mmc1: sdhci: ACmd stat: 0x00000000 | Slot int: 0x00000001
> [ 740.001394] mmc1: sdhci: Caps: 0x07e10080 | Caps_1: 0x00000000
> [ 740.087208] mmc1: sdhci: Cmd: 0x0000193a | Max curr: 0x00000000
> [ 740.173051] mmc1: sdhci: Resp: 0x00000900 | Resp: 0x00000000
> [ 740.258928] mmc1: sdhci: Resp: 0x00000000 | Resp: 0x00000000
> [ 740.344854] mmc1: sdhci: Host ctl2: 0x00000000
> [ 740.402796] mmc1: sdhci: ============================================
> and finally IO errors and a corrupted filesystem.
> 5.17.0-rc4-letux+ shows the same behaviour.
> Has anyone seen this, too?
> Jean Rene Dawin
I just upgraded some BBB to 5.17-rc2 and yes, it seems to boot very sluggish (>90 seconds until login).
Even as I boot from an SD card. So it is not your eemc but the mmc interface.
Then I got:
root at letux:~# ./diskspeed
+++ checking /dev/mmcblk0 +++
Timing O_DIRECT cached reads: 42 MB in 2.05 seconds = 20.48 MB/sec
Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 62 MB in 3.04 seconds = 20.38 MB/sec
+++ checking /dev/mmcblk1 +++
[ 121.908241] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
[ 121.914472] mmc1: error -110 doing runtime resume
[ 122.294220] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
[ 122.300332] I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 0 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x4000 phys_seg 21 prio class 2
[ 122.624424] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
[ 122.630508] I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 1024 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x4000 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
[ 122.954536] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
[ 122.960611] I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 2048 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x4000 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
[ 123.344587] mmc1: Card stuck being busy! __mmc_poll_for_busy
[ 123.350574] I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 3072 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
read() failed: Input/output error
root at letux:~#
So something is broken somewhere...
Looks as if we either have to watch out for someone reporting similar errors on LKML or posting a fix.
Or we have to run a git bisect.
It may have something to do with CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_OMAP but I don't know if it is really used.
But: I think I have not seen this on the GTA04 (omap3 + µSD).
More information about the Letux-kernel