[Letux-kernel] jz4730-i2c

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Feb 22 00:48:58 CET 2021

On Sunday, 21 February 2021 17:42:38 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> So maybe time gives us another idea.
>
> Or we have to go back to a non-IRQ driver model to become able to fix the
> remaining issues and upstream everything soon. Then we get a chance for
> inclusion into v5.13.
>
> So let's shift priorities and come back to this IRQ based driver later.

Yes, I think that it would almost be better to just have the driver
periodically check the bus state. Is it possible to schedule some kind of
kernel task to wake up every so many microseconds during a transaction?

Given that I2C uses a fairly flexible protocol with it potentially being
possible to slow communications to a fairly low speed (maybe even suspending
them if I remember correctly), that might be a satisfactory approach.

Something else to look at, I guess.

Paul