[Letux-kernel] Memory freeze and timing CI20

Zhou Yanjie zhouyanjie at wanyeetech.com
Thu Feb 11 16:15:55 CET 2021

Hi Nikolaus,

Sorry, I got caught up in other thins last few weeks.

On 2021/2/5 下午2:53, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> I got a hint from a member of the Pyra community who had been following
> the OMAP5 + DDR3 timing issues, that the jz4780/CI20 may have similar issues.

Could you describe the specific phenomenon? And witch version u-boot do
you use?

It seems that now the u-boot mainline (after version 2019.01) also
supports CI20.

> I am not sure if it is needed or not since my board works well without - except
> the freezes I had observed with SMP but I did not relate this to memory timing.
>
> There is a patch floating around:
>
> https://github.com/MIPS/CI20_u-boot/pull/18
>
> I have checked an in my U-Boot it is not included but could be added.
>
> What do you think?
>
> BTW: what is the status of the SMP / Cache driver?

It seems to work normally based on 5.10.7, I will send it to you later.

Happy Chinese New Year!