[Letux-kernel] Memory freeze and timing CI20

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 5 07:53:10 CET 2021

Hi,
I got a hint from a member of the Pyra community who had been following
the OMAP5 + DDR3 timing issues, that the jz4780/CI20 may have similar issues.

I am not sure if it is needed or not since my board works well without - except
the freezes I had observed with SMP but I did not relate this to memory timing.

There is a patch floating around:

https://github.com/MIPS/CI20_u-boot/pull/18

I have checked an in my U-Boot it is not included but could be added.

What do you think?

BTW: what is the status of the SMP / Cache driver?