[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Replicant for GTA04
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Fri Oct 30 17:22:14 CET 2020
here is an update with the latest kernels:
- works quite well incl. WiFi
- touch screen precalib not optimal (at least on the unit I have tested with)
- kernel has iio disabled
- sound does not seem to work
- Fdroid seems to be empty (maybe it is no longer compatible to the infrastructure)
- shows "ANDROID"
- does not show Replicant robot
- then gets problems with failed binder ioctl() and decides to do an automatic reboot
- binder: 1739:1739 transaction failed 29201/-22, size 120-4 line 3224;
- [ 7.288940] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1043 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fourcc.c:305 drm_format_info+0x24/0x30 [drm]
- on second attempt to bring up drm:
unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffffffea - in drm_framebuffer_remove() aus omap_fbdev_init()
- kernel panic
- [ 3.705841] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at kernel/rcu/tree.c:2489 rcu_core+0x460/0x4e4
- [ 4.018096] No soundcards found.
- simply hangs - no console, no reaction, no kernel panic, no reboot
The most problematic thing seems to be the binder. Other issues may be missing/not yet loaded kernel modules.
> Am 25.10.2020 um 20:01 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>> Am 25.10.2020 um 19:02 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>> Am 25.10.2020 um 18:13 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>> And it will become interesting if 4.14 also works.
>> A quick test shows that it also boots if I remove modules.dep.bb during boot.
> I have found a fix for the replicant-modules script.
> There were two issues:
> * modules and symbols are matched after translating hyphens to underscore
> * the modules.symbols file was not scanned
> Now a fresh kernel build can be patched/installed and will even boot much
> faster (since there is no need to run depmod or wait for modules).
> So I can integrate this into the next releases (likely coming tomorrow).
> Letux-kernel mailing list
> Letux-kernel at openphoenux.org
More information about the Letux-kernel