[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Replicant for GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Oct 30 17:22:14 CET 2020

Hi all,
here is an update with the latest kernels:

letux-4.14.203-replicant
	- works quite well incl. WiFi
	- touch screen precalib not optimal (at least on the unit I have tested with)
	- kernel has iio disabled
	- sound does not seem to work
	- Fdroid seems to be empty (maybe it is no longer compatible to the infrastructure)

letux-4.19.153-replicant
	- shows "ANDROID"
	- does not show Replicant robot
	- then gets problems with failed binder ioctl() and decides to do an automatic reboot

letux-5.4.73-replicant
	- binder: 1739:1739 transaction failed 29201/-22, size 120-4 line 3224;
	- [    7.288940] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1043 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fourcc.c:305 drm_format_info+0x24/0x30 [drm]
	- on second attempt to bring up drm:
	  unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffffffea - in drm_framebuffer_remove() aus omap_fbdev_init()
	- kernel panic

letux-5.9.2-replicant
	- [    3.705841] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at kernel/rcu/tree.c:2489 rcu_core+0x460/0x4e4
	- [    4.018096]   No soundcards found.
	- simply hangs - no console, no reaction, no kernel panic, no reboot

The most problematic thing seems to be the binder. Other issues may be missing/not yet loaded kernel modules.