[Letux-kernel] Lockup inside omap4_prminst_read_inst_reg on OMAP5 uEVM

David Shah dave at ds0.me
Mon Jul 27 09:29:37 CEST 2020

I've seen these both on the uEVM with USB ethernet and the Pyra with SDIO WLAN, although I haven't hooked up JTAG to the Pyra yet so can't conclusively say they are the same cause.
I have also seen at least one without the network connected, but again, don't know yet if they are all related.BestDavid
-------- Original message --------From: Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> Date: 27/07/2020  07:47  (GMT+00:00) To: David Shah <dave at ds0.me> Cc: Discussions about the Letux Kernel <letux-kernel at openphoenux.org>, "; kernel at pyra-handheld.com; Linux-OMAP" <linux-omap at vger.kernel.org> Subject: Re: Lockup inside omap4_prminst_read_inst_reg on OMAP5 uEVM * David Shah <dave at ds0.me> [200726 17:59]:> Hi all,> > I am looking into random lockups - significantly rarer than once a day> in typical usage, various patterns like lots of bursty network traffic> increase frequency - that affect both the uEVM and the Pyra (also> OMAP5432 based) on newer kernels (currently testing with 5.6 but I have> seen lockups with 5.7 too).Just wondering.. Is this with USB Ethernet or with WLAN?Regards,Tony