[Letux-kernel] New branches (was Re: jz4780 CI20 v5.8 (was jz4730))

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jul 17 00:39:42 CEST 2020

On Monday, 6 July 2020 15:05:00 CEST H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > Am 05.07.2020 um 22:41 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
> >
> > I thought it might be something as simple as that. So, I have now pushed
> > the following branches:
> >
> > paulb-jz4730-letux400
>
> ^^^ I have converted this into a new letux/jz4730-v4 and fixed a minor
> merge issue when baking everything together to letux-5.8-rc4.
>
> It compiles but we still have no means to test it :)

I'll try and get round to testing once more of the pieces are in place.

> > paulb-jz4780-ci20-hdmi
>
> I have cherry-picked and rebased on top of letux-5.8-rc4 (with SMP fixes).
> Boots fine, has SMP, creates /dev/fb0, makes the display backlight go on.
>
> But as you observed, there is no signal recognised by the monitor.
>
> And I can confirm the HPD unplug kernel panic. Even the same bad virtual
> address.

I have now pushed some new branches rebased onto 5.8-rc5 for the JZ4730 and
JZ4780:

paulb-jz4730-letux400-5.8-rc5
paulb-jz4780-ci20-hdmi-5.8-rc5

I hope this was the right thing to do. I had to fix quite a few conflicts
including in various device tree files for ARM-based devices, although these
typically resulted in the conflicts evaporating and me having to do "git
rebase --skip" to continue (since "git rebase --continue" said that there was
nothing changed).

The JZ4730 branch hasn't seen any more work yet: it only has TCU, CGU and
pinctrl, I think. For some reason, jz4730.dtsi was missing, so I have added it
and corrected the CGU references.

The JZ4780 branch should have a working LCD controller, but the HDMI signal is
still not yet working. However, I did fix the hotplug event kernel panic.

Both branches compile successfully but obviously need testing!

Paul