[Letux-kernel] snd-soc-omap3pandora.ko

Stefan Leichter sle85276 at gmx.de
Tue Feb 25 23:13:28 CET 2020

Hello,

first of all please bear with me, I'm usually not working on the kernel
source.

I looked into the reason why the kernel module snd-soc-omap3pandora.ko
doesn't load on the pandora when running modprobe for it. My finding is
the call to the generated function machine_is_omap3_pandora() [1]
returns false. This reason for this is that __machine_arch_type is true
(0xffffffff) instead of MACH_TYPE_OMAP3_PANDORA (1761). The "true" value
is set in setup_machine_fdt() [2] from the generic device tree [3][4].

What I like to know is: Based on the finding does the
module/initialization work as expected? If not what should work
differently? If the initialization works as expected, where/what are the
required changes to get the snd-soc-omap3pandora.ko module to work with
the letux kernel?

BR
Stefan

[1]