[Letux-kernel] JZ4730 kernel support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 21 09:37:32 CEST 2019

> Am 19.10.2019 um 13:50 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> On Friday 18. October 2019 19.59.06 you wrote:
>>
>>> Am 15.10.2019 um 18:13 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>>>
>>> P.S. The cumulative patch (including the previous patches) has been
>>> attached, with signed-off, to this message.<patch-48beba89-2.diff>
>>
>> Thanks! unfortunately I can't apply it... On which commit hash did you base
>> it on?
>
> commit 48beba8932f2d296cd0a031003cf295096c9dc40 (grafted, origin/letux/jz4730)

Yes, that did work.

> There should be five patches in this bundle, three of which you will have seen
> before. Sorry not to be able to prepare these in a nicer way, but git
> generally isn't happy running properly on my hardware with these repositories.

No problem. A patch set sent like this just needs knowledge about the
merge base - if the merge base itself changes. This seems to be the cas
with -rc for the ingenic subtree...

> Maybe preparing them all separately instead of in combined form is better.
> I've attached an archive to this message containing the individual patches.

That doesn't make a big difference - except that some patches may apply
cleanly while others still fail.

But what is your git repo problem? I have not seen a problem cloning it on
quite different systems: e.g. macOS or a RasPi 3B+ with a 200GB µSD card
running ifself with LetuxOS.

And maybe it would be good if you would become "Happy Crew" member of the
letux kernel team and get write-access to the repo:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/

I have already added you. To get ssh write access you should add your
key to the user-config page and then I have to run a script to copy it
to the ssh/git daemon's permission files.

BR and thanks,