[Letux-kernel] Pandora WiFi / wl1251 driver

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 1 17:58:06 CEST 2019

> Am 01.10.2019 um 13:21 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 11:50:58 +0200
>
>> There are also other bugs arriving around that commit range:
>> * there are messages about bad locking when doing ifdown/up usb0
>
> If have not seen such messages quite a while. Are they still there?

No. They are in 4.11.

What I assume is that there was a fundamental change in 4.11-rc1 and
the new problems were fixed after a while. AFAIK, 4.14 doesn't have
it any more. Maybe 4.12.

It is more an indication that there was a bigger rework at that time
with some regressions.

> Or do we have just turned off lock debugging.
>
>> * usb0 isn't working after reboot if cable is still plugged in
>
> I had the chance to test the gta04 on MacOS. There I also could see quite strange
> things I did not see on linux. While at my normal setup I never have
> problems with that. Interestingly mass-storage seems to work better on
> MacOS. Do you see trouble with that on MacOS?
>
> We should create a list where it works and where not.

It works with OMAP4, OMAP5 boards, Udoo Neo, BeagleBoard and others.
My initial hypothesis is that it fails with twl4030/musb based USB
ports after 4.10.