[Letux-kernel] letux v5.4 + suspend

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Nov 30 22:29:40 CET 2019

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:35:51 +0100
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 21:38:36 +0100
> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 23:01:08 +0100
> > Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > while I get down to the typical 26mA idle current on GTA04A5, I do not
> > > wake up from suspend there.
> > > Not investigated yet.
> > >
> > Played around on the letux3704:
> >
> > init=/bin/bash
> > mounting sysfs, proc
> > /etc/rcS.d/udev start
> >
> > and then doing rtcwake -s 20 -m mem
> > does not wake up
> >
> > rm -rf /lib/modules/5.4.0-letux+/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/pvrsgx
> >
> > fixes the issue.
> >
> But we have 50mA suspend current if musb stuff is loaded.

setting up bisect,
test script works,
first verdict: letux added stuff on 5.4 is not guilty.
v5.3 is good in terms of suspend current but with g_ether ifup current
consumption is at 50mA. So for nice idle current (at least without
ehci-omap), choose 5.4 and for nice suspend current 5.3 is better.
That is crazy.

Testing suspend is a bit tricky. I soft-connect usb for transferring
kernel to the target, but turn it off afterwards and again on after
suspend to collect results.
And during kernel compile it is time to charge the battery.

Lets hope this gives some interesting results.

git bisect run
is active now.