[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Kernel: m-rc 5.3-rc1 successful

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jul 30 17:45:45 CEST 2019

> Am 30.07.2019 um 17:41 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Some additional thoughts:
>
> * here is the "Issue" record: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/883/
>
> * the letux/pyra-minimal branch is without any AESS patch (on top of 5.3-rc2).
>  I tried audio yesterday on the Pyra but did not get more than scratchy noise :(
>
> * There was a really good description on omappedia but I think it has gone.

I think I have found it: http://omappedia.org/wiki/Audio_Drive_Arch#Audio_Back_End_.28ABE.29

"AESS" is also called "ABE" in other contexts. Somehow confusing.

ABE = Audio Back End (= inside OMAP4/5) - Audio Front End = twl6040 + speakers or other sound sources
AESS = Audio Engine Sub-system (is part of ABE).