[Letux-kernel] Raspi3B+ support

levi levi2015 at cobaltlake.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 17:49:00 CET 2019

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:02:27 +0100

> Nevertheless the description of -@ "Enable generation of symbols" is
> not very helpful. Why would one enable that? What happens if not?
> What are "symbols" etc. Questions over questions...

I think it's referring the symbols as in debug symbols, the kind of
thing you need to build in in order to get anything sensible out of
gdb, assuming it's even possible to debug this.

But a bit of internet searching got me to this commit:
https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtc/commit/dd6a0533e846e8d5e690a618fa35cc15a6103efb

That says:
"This is sufficient to implement a dynamic DT object loader."

Whether you actually want that I don't know, and I couldn't tell you
how to pass the right option to dtc within the wrapped up tools.
But you did ask the question...