[Letux-kernel] letux 5.4 +pyra

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Dec 23 16:26:02 CET 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:29:42 +0100

> > Am 17.12.2019 um 21:39 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
> >

> >> Am 07.12.2019 um 23:06 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I get this on the pyra. Is it just me or is there really something
> >> rotten with pyra and 5.4?
> >
> > I now have got almost the same with 5.5-rc2. Hadn't tested yet on Pyra.
> >
> > So there is something broken already in 5.4. Seems to be related to
> > serial_omap and/or hwmods.
> >
> > Have to compare once again omap2plus_defconfig with letux_defconfig...
>
> even binaries of 5.3 do no longer boot.
>
> What I suspect is that there is the wrong device tree. And I have done
> a cleanup of the device tree files recently - maybe around 5.4.
>
> Unfortunatley there was a mistake in the version encoding resistors
> so that some different boards do report the same version code.
> This breaks the automatic switch between all device tree files.
>
> It affects only 3 or 4 prototypes and I have one of these...
> Maybe yours is also affected.
>
> So what .dtb does u-boot report?

U-Boot 2016.11-00295-gba585a4 (Sep 21 2018 - 15:39:55 +0200)

LPAE build running in hypervisor mode!
CPU  : ARM Cortex-A15 r2p2
SoC  : OMAP5432-GP ES2.0
Board: Pyra with Letux Cortex 15
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  2 GiB
Reset:  peripherals
MMC:   Found LC15 V5.1
board_mmc_init called (vers = 51)
  U-Boot
  soft: gpio82 = 0 (mmc1=eMMC)
OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1, OMAP SD/MMC: 2
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Found Pyra MB V5.1
Device Tree: omap5-letux-cortex15-v5.1+pyra-v5.1.dtb
SCSI:  SATA link 0 timeout.
AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
flags: 64bit ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part ccc apst
scanning bus for devices...