[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: kernel: letux-5.5-rc1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Dec 11 19:00:41 CET 2019

> Am 11.12.2019 um 17:03 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 10.12.2019 um 22:05 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:

>>> I have simply copied it to arch/arm/configs/letux_defconfig. Then it will
>>> be taken by my scripts.

>>> Ok, I have disabled the IIO_INPUT_BRIDGE.
>>>
>>> Now I can compile
>>> and it boots. Also without display. There is no td028ttec1 panel driver in
>>> modprobe -c. Indeed, CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1=m is not in your config.
>>> CONFIG_DRM_OMAP_PANEL_TPO_TD028TTEC1=m is but that does no longer exist in
>>> v5.5-rc1.
>>>
>> well, no need for that on the letux 3704.
>
> Indeed... I think the missing panel is a secondary bug.
>
> I think I have boiled it down to
>
> CONFIG_ARCH_BCM=y or n
>
> (or one of the subconfigs enabled by that).
>
> Will need a clean test though.

Well, unfortunately this is not sufficient alone.
Seems to need more than one config to be disabled :(

Unfortunately I have no good strategy to bisect this.

Maybe I could take the good letux_defconfig that I have
found, do a git reset and then by git add -p create
small chunks of changes. And then a git bisect on this
sequence?