[Letux-kernel] letux v5.4 + suspend

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Dec 1 19:22:45 CET 2019

> Am 01.12.2019 um 09:55 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:29:40 +0100
> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:35:51 +0100
>> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

>>> But we have 50mA suspend current if musb stuff is loaded.
>>>
>> setting up bisect,
>> test script works,
>> first verdict: letux added stuff on 5.4 is not guilty.
>> v5.3 is good in terms of suspend current but with g_ether ifup current
>> consumption is at 50mA. So for nice idle current (at least without
>> ehci-omap), choose 5.4 and for nice suspend current 5.3 is better.
>> That is crazy.
>>
>> Testing suspend is a bit tricky. I soft-connect usb for transferring
>> kernel to the target, but turn it off afterwards and again on after
>> suspend to collect results.
>> And during kernel compile it is time to charge the battery.
>>
>> Lets hope this gives some interesting results.
>>
>> git bisect run
>> is active now.
>>
> # first bad commit: [219d54332a09e8d8741c1e1982f5eae56099de85] Linux 5.4
>
> hmmmmm
> head->scratch()

me->too()

> the first try was a clean rebuild with out-of-tree dtb and config.
> Now, I am doing another clean build and the problem is not there.
>
> so maybe my first v5.4 test was bad?
> With letux-5.4 without 1Ghz opp and pvrsgx I have seen the issue on the
> letux3704 and also on the gta04a5 booting the ordinary µSD-way.

Yes, I think it is not (directly) pvrsgx related. Maybe indirectly
by some of the clock fixes for pvrsgx.

I finally have the bisect for the 1GHz OPP problem running. It was
a big problem to start with letux-5.3 because that is an octopus
merge and git bisect tries every individually merged branch first
before starting the real bisect. Since I can't automatically test
this issue, I would have had to test ca. 20 potential merge bases
first. Until I found that letux-5.3.1 is also good...

So I only have to bisect letux-5.3.1..letux-5.3.13 which is ca.
10 steps and manageable in reasonable time.

So let's hope that it gives a better result than your bisect.