[Letux-kernel] letux v5.4 + suspend

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Dec 1 09:55:00 CET 2019

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:29:40 +0100
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:35:51 +0100
> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 21:38:36 +0100
> > Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > Played around on the letux3704:
> > >
> > > init=/bin/bash
> > > mounting sysfs, proc
> > > /etc/rcS.d/udev start
> > >
> > > and then doing rtcwake -s 20 -m mem
> > > does not wake up
> > >
> > > rm -rf /lib/modules/5.4.0-letux+/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/pvrsgx
> > >
> > > fixes the issue.
> > >
> > But we have 50mA suspend current if musb stuff is loaded.
> >
> setting up bisect,
> test script works,
> first verdict: letux added stuff on 5.4 is not guilty.
> v5.3 is good in terms of suspend current but with g_ether ifup current
> consumption is at 50mA. So for nice idle current (at least without
> ehci-omap), choose 5.4 and for nice suspend current 5.3 is better.
> That is crazy.
>
> Testing suspend is a bit tricky. I soft-connect usb for transferring
> kernel to the target, but turn it off afterwards and again on after
> suspend to collect results.
> And during kernel compile it is time to charge the battery.
>
> Lets hope this gives some interesting results.
>
> git bisect run
> is active now.

# first bad commit: [219d54332a09e8d8741c1e1982f5eae56099de85] Linux 5.4

hmmmmm
head->scratch()

the first try was a clean rebuild with out-of-tree dtb and config.
Now, I am doing another clean build and the problem is not there.

so maybe my first v5.4 test was bad?
With letux-5.4 without 1Ghz opp and pvrsgx I have seen the issue on the
letux3704 and also on the gta04a5 booting the ordinary µSD-way.