[Letux-kernel] drm/omap: Remove panel-dpi driver

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Thu Apr 11 07:58:13 CEST 2019

> Hi Laurent,
> when scanning linux-next it appears that the panel-dpi driver will been removed soon.
>
> What is the replacement?
>
> Does the replacement work without changing DTS?
>
> If not, is there a migration document what has to be changed in the DTS?

DRM's simple panel is the replacement.

You will need the panel data to be added to the simple panel driver, as
it won't read the timings from the DT (unfortunately, in my opinion).

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki