[Letux-kernel] Letux OS: Kernel 4.19-rc4

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Sep 20 08:07:00 CEST 2018

Hi Nikolaus,

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:57:34 +0200
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:18:18 +0200
>
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > > Am 18.09.2018 um 21:34 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > suspend works catastrophically at least on GTA04A5, totally
> > > unreliably. Do not know yet why.
> >
> > Well, I might have mixed up something during manually fixing rebase
> > conflicts...
> >
> > Can you be a little more specific?
> >
> Well, I am still collecting and verifying (double checking things I
> have done). What I have seen:
> - 10mA too much power consumption if no modules loaded
>
> > - is it not going to suspend?
>
> per and core power domains do not enter suspend state
> noirq suspend failed
>
> on letux3704 that happens after loading camera modules, but also after
> other things I have not figured out. Running udev is enough.
> musb + phy + charging stuff considered not gulthy at first glance.

ok, checked more cleanly. Suspend on letux3704 seems not to be problematic,
if omap3_isp is blacklisted, so maybe something there has to learn to
clean up on probe failure. So either omap3_isp or the ov9650 module.
GTA04A5 is a bit different story. Suspend problems there seems to be
present starting at 4.19-rc1 even on mainline. But I will double-check that.
At that evening I had just the idea to produce a quick
v2 of my phy patch where Dmitry had some objections, so I was just searching for
a good base to develop and test a v2.

Well, worst case will be an automated git bisect run next night. I have now
a nice sdcard to jst-xh adapter "battery". So all what is additionally needed
is one script which returns 0 if kernel is ok, 125 if it cannot be tested,
something else on failure.
And then I can do a git bisect run script.sh