[Letux-kernel] Letux OS: Kernel 4.19-rc4

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Sep 19 12:57:34 CEST 2018

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:18:18 +0200

> Hi Andreas,
>
> > Am 18.09.2018 um 21:34 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:30:58 +0200
> > H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >> I have finally updated our kernel trees to
> >>
> >> 	letux-4.14.70
> >> 	letux-4.18.8
> >> 	letux-4.19-rc4
> >>
> >> and as usual there are binaries and sources at the known locations.
> >>
> >> Regarding 4.19-rc4 we have quite some construction sites, unfortunately
> >> with some regressions.
> >>
> >> Here is the list of (significantly) broken things that I am aware of:
> >>
> >> Pyra:
> >> * OMAP5 TILER is no longer scanning through the frame buffer and appears to fetch from a fixed address
> >> * "reboot" hangs if timer8 is in use
> >> * bq2429x charger driver is far from being perfect (sometimes does not detect USB unplug/replug and charging does not start)
> >> * AESS does not load firmware and even without, audio is broken
> >> * PVR/SGX integration is missing
> >> * sd/eMMC switch driver is missing
> >>
> >> GTA04:
> >> * camera driver is still not stable and incomplete
> >> * PVR/SGX integration is incomplete
> >>
> > suspend works catastrophically at least on GTA04A5, totally
> > unreliably. Do not know yet why.
>
> Well, I might have mixed up something during manually fixing rebase
> conflicts...
>
> Can you be a little more specific?

Well, I am still collecting and verifying (double checking things I
have done). What I have seen:
- 10mA too much power consumption if no modules loaded

> - is it not going to suspend?

per and core power domains do not enter suspend state
noirq suspend failed

on letux3704 that happens after loading camera modules, but also after
other things I have not figured out. Running udev is enough.
musb + phy + charging stuff considered not gulthy at first glance.

> - does it not wake up again?

that also happened (or did it crash?)

> - does it suspend but suspend power is too high?

not measured yet

will give more structured input soon.