[Letux-kernel] AESS / Audio Driver for Pyra

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 29 13:50:18 CET 2018

> Am 29.10.2018 um 12:44 schrieb Michael Mrozek <EvilDragon at openpandora.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
> AESS / Audio is one of the biggest remaining issues we have on the Pyra.
> Everything else seems to work good enough for a start now, but missing audio on
> a gaming handheld is a bit annoying :)
>
> With some kernel version, speaker output stopped completely, but Nikolaus is
> currently looking into what changed with each kernel version and when exactly it
> stopped working to get this to work again, at least.

Ok, here is the result:

letux-4.16-rc3	is the last version where audio works fine
letux-4.16-rc4	makes the play command stop after some random time (ca. 1 .. 8 seconds)
		and audio sounds fluttering like a damaged capstan

In letux-4.17 and later there is no sound from the handsfree speakers any more,
but headsets work. At least sometimes.