[Letux-kernel] DSI panels with omapdrm on 4.20-rc

Sebastian Reichel sre at kernel.org
Mon Nov 19 14:11:41 CET 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 02:38:38PM +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 19/11/18 14:29, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > now as the panel-dpi device is working and Sebastian's patches make our
> > Pyra dsi panel driver at least load successfully, I have tried to find
> > out more about what is going on.
> >
> > It does probe(), connect() but seems to never call enable(). Hence it
> > is not sending any dcs commands to the panel.
> >
> > Attached is the current driver code and a boot log. Device tree is the
> > same as for earlier kernels, so it should be ok (unless dsi panels need
> > to define new properties).
>
> I haven't had a chance to look at this (or Sebastian's patches), but one
> thing to note is that Sebastian has been working and testing with DSI
> command mode panels. You're using video mode panels. They work quite
> differently, and video mode panels should work without Sebastian's work
> (specifically the work that's for command mode panels). However, there
> were some general DSI fixes in his series, which are likely needed.

My series:

patch 1:   Simple cleanup
patch 2-4: General DSI fixes for the kernel changes in 4.20-rc1. I think
           they are also relevant for DSI video mode panels.
patch 5-6: Only relevant for DSI command mode. It's not really DSI
           specific and should not make a difference on any outputs
           not setting OMAP_DSS_DISPLAY_CAP_MANUAL_UPDATE.

-- Sebastian