[Letux-kernel] Fixing TILER

Matthijs van Duin matthijsvanduin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:46:18 CET 2018

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 at 07:51, Matthijs van Duin
<matthijsvanduin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > if (rotation != DRM_MODE_ROTATE_180 || !plane->rotation_property) {
> > fb_helper->sw_rotations |= rotation;
> > return;
> > }
> >
> > which makes me think that this code indeed disables hardware rotation for /dev/fb0.
>
> No, plane->rotation_property != NULL, so it should not use software rotation.

D'oh, I misread that. This will indeed need to be fixed to support
90/270 degree rotation.

We should definitely arrange for the panel orientation to be declared
properly now that there's a mechanism for it, instead of the hack with
a kernel parameter. This doesn't require any of the "orientation
quirks" stuff, you can also set
connector->display_info.panel_orientation and then call
drm_connector_init_panel_orientation_property(connector, 0, 0).

Although, I suppose it might be nice for testing purposes to add an
orientation quirk that obtains its value from a kernel parameter.

Matthijs