[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jul 21 21:00:19 CEST 2018

> Am 21.07.2018 um 18:50 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi,
> I have worked a little on the omap3-gta*.dts*
> files, mainly
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-gta04.dtsi;h=17700daee9b404a1792ffc62c50d129a2be0f259;hb=refs/heads/letux-4.18-rc5
>
> so that there is already a batch of
> patches that I think can be upstreamed.
>
> I have (hopefully) well-formatted patches
> for the first (public) section (which already
> exists upstream).
>
> There are some patches where I am unsure and
> some which are very likely not accepted.
> Those are marked "unsure" and "exclude".
>
> Then, there are patches in the second (private)
> section (which starts at line 711) of our current
> source file which I think can be moved to the
> public section:
>
> This are:
> * omap3isp incl. pinmux (but not camera)
> * antenna detect by gpio (not by extcon)
> * defconf1 for tvout
> * unsure: defconf0 for mcbsp1
>
> Finally there are patches in the private
> section which will stay private (until we
> get more drivers upstream).
>
> Please have a look at the patch set:
>
> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/dt-upstreaming
>
> and comment.

Ok, now I have worked through the "private" patches
and moved many for public inclusion so that we have
>30 patches for upstream (and 40 for private - but
they certainly can be squashed into ca. 5-10).

Please check again with

> http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/dt-upstreaming

It is git-based on letux-base (i.e. mainline) and you can for example simply
checkout the 20th patch and build with omap2plus_defconfig (plus enabling
some drivers).