[Letux-kernel] [small team RFC v3 00/10] Make use of TILER for OMAP5/Pyra LCD

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 5 17:20:55 CET 2018

This patch set seems to be required to form a practical solution for the OMAP5 based Pyra.

What we need is to rotate the LCD on the MIPI port for X11/DRM/FB by 90 degrees
because it is a portrait display installed in landscape rotation.

This should either be done by xrandr/xorg.conf and/or some module parameter during
boot.

Independently, we also should be able to support xrandr on the HDMI port.

We only need this on OMAP5 Pyra, not on OMAP3 devices like OpenPandora or GTA04.

Since we have a multi-arch kernel the solution should not explicitly depend on
the SoC we use or force to config for a specific SOC.

At the moment this is partially a hack to make it working but some patches even
miss signed-offs. So let's start to discuss them and improve until we can submit
this work for review by a broader public (LKML).

Andreas Kemnade (1):
  omapdrm: try to allocate non-tiled buffer object if tiled fails

H. Nikolaus Schaller (1):
  XXX: fbmem: force use of device memtype

Matthijs van Duin (8):
  ARM: introduce pgprot_device()
  drm: omapdrm: improve choice of memory type for tiled memory
  XXX omapdrm: factor out _omap_gem_(un)pin
  XXX omapdrm: force tiled buffers to be pinned and page-aligned
  XXX omapdrm: fast userspace mapping of tiled buffers
  XXX ARM: fbdev: force use of device memtype
  XXX omapdrm: allocate fbdev in TILER
  XXX add fbdev_rotation param to module drm_kms_helper

 arch/arm/include/asm/pgtable.h       |   3 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fb_helper.c      |  35 +++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_fbdev.c |  45 ++++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_gem.c   | 246 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 drivers/video/fbdev/core/fbmem.c     |   4 +
 include/uapi/drm/omap_drm.h          |  12 +-

--
2.12.2