[Letux-kernel] Status of patch: drm/omap: work-around for omap3 display enable

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Aug 13 18:24:09 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:18:35 +0300
Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen at ti.com> wrote:

> On 11/08/18 20:44, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that there is still this patch in the letux gta04 kernel sources but it did
> > not appear in mainline:
>
> I think fc5cc9678e130196012c17b37e555d53d3d3476b ("drm/omap: work-around
> for omap3 display enable") in the mainline.

Ok, verified mainline display status. The only things not fixed in mainline
(besides of dtb sync) are the dmtimer regression (for backlight), and
drm: omapdrm: displays: fix port_num for opa362 output

So that old patch is not needed anymore.
Well, we usually pick patches which fix essential problems. At this time it was not
so easy to test it because of the other mentioned problems that it is still required.

Thank you for clarification.