[Letux-kernel] Debian Stretch on GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed May 31 09:44:16 CEST 2017

Hi,
Stretch has been announced to become official on 17th June.

Therefore I have debootstrapped some new rootfs images for systemd based
Stretch (9.0) and they basically work:

	http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/?C=M;O=D

What I have observed:
* boot process is much faster
* there is no login: but an "emergency shell" on the console
* X11 does not start
* I can ssh over usb and to the internet from the GTA04 but I can't ssh into the GTA04

All this appears to be mainly based on missing replacements for /etc/inittab and
some sshd configuration.

But it is a good start and it sounds not to be too difficult to fix this in the
next 2 weeks.

PS: I have added a new -i option to makesd which skips partitioning and formatting.
This makes installation of a new rootfs much simpler:

DEV=/dev/sdb ./makesd -i debian -f1 -r http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/20170531-stretch-9.0-quantumstep.tbz