[Letux-kernel] Letux 4.12-rc3 coming

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon May 29 18:03:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Am 29.05.2017 um 17:20 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> On Mon, 29 May 2017 11:13:46 +0200
>
>> I am just upgrading to 4.12-rc3.

Upload is finished:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.12-rc3/

BTW: I have integrated the statistic which I did run offline every now and then
into the upload process so that it is well documented:

http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.12-rc3/src/statistics.html

It lists and tries to group into categories all files that differ from the upstream version.
So that we always can see what Letux really modifies (in any of the old or current patch sets).

In general it should also be a guideline for us what we should try to upstream...
To get the number of difference down to 0.

>> There have again been changes to serdev (and its integration into tty).
>> Bluetooth did kernel panic on GTA04A5 but worked on Pyra with just a lock dependency warning (both are using the same WL1837MOD).
>> Otherwise things seem to work better. The double-probe() problem of serdev+tty drivers has disappeared.
>>
>> Next I am thinking about the Bluetooth support. I didn't know so far that there is sort of kernel-built-in-hciattach.
>> I.e. we just have to register the w2cbw as a hci device and there is no need for a user-space daemon any more.
>>
> hmm, in case of the A5 there is also the required "texas" parameter to
> hciattach. And there is some ti-specific code in hciattach there.

Yes, it downloads the firmware.

> So
> hmm, a bit more of work to be done. At least it has to be checked that
> things are already done in kernel.

Well, for the WL1837MOD we are not really running it as designed...

There is a special driver which would allow FM&NFC multiplexing over
the serial line.

It did make some problems earlier but it could be stable enough now
so that we would not really need to mis-use the w2cbw driver for
Bluetooth for the GTA04A5 and Pyra...

Maybe we should enable BT_WILINK and TI_ST:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=blob;f=drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig;h=737d93ef27c5da8b36552bd09409467c3fb38660;hb=b63ba25d5aae5eefed52d9854fba8ea05c8d765e#l352

So one could argue that there is already a better solution for WiLink8 modules
than what we try to achieve.

But it still does not solve the w2cbw for GTA04A3/A4.