[Letux-kernel] GAB-driver

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 21:33:34 CEST 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 9:09 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
>> Am 19.07.2017 um 21:02 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Nikolaus,

>>> I did saw update of issue. Thanks for sharing.

>> I did look to what was implemented and I think we can somehow reuse
>> it.
>
> Fine!
>
>> We need to extend simple-battery for technology and based on that
>> setup correct charging/discharging characteristics.
>
> Indeed.
>
>> I think before
>> going that way would be better to ask or maybe post my generic-adc
>> changes for review to get some feedback and then continue. What do you
>> think?
>
> Maybe we should just RFC the Bindings?
simple-battery just provide bindings which are then parsed in various
(currently 2 battery drivers axp20x_battery.c and bq27xxx_battery.c).
So idea would be first add technology node and then use it in
generic-adc-battery right? Because generic-adc-battery is not yet
converted to dts and it need more properties (like iio channels for
voltage, current ...). So now I'm not sure if simple-battery fits. IMO
it was designed for batteries which have predefined parameters and to
avoid copy'n'paste same code in various drivers use common simple
battery parse method.

> IMHO bindings give the biggest discussions. And then we can work on the driver...
>
> BR,
> Nikolaus

>>> Definitely. I returned today from my holidays (Croatia) so I'm full of
>>> energy to start again do some real kernel work. I'll keep you updated.

>>> Yes that make sense let's see what Pavel will complain about :).

>>> Thanks and BR,
>>>
>>> marek
>>>

>>> --
>>> as simple and primitive as possible
>>> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
>>> Freelance Developer
>>>
>>> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
>>> Tel: +421 915 052 184
>>> skype: marekwhite
>>> twitter: #opennandra
>>> web: http://open-nandra.com
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> marek
>>
>> --
>> as simple and primitive as possible
>> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
>> Freelance Developer
>>
>> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
>> Tel: +421 915 052 184
>> skype: marekwhite
>> twitter: #opennandra
>> web: http://open-nandra.com