[Lenny400] Patches for linux-stable

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Sep 1 23:09:43 CEST 2017

On Friday 1. September 2017 22.41.32 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> first feedback:
>
> * looks good from coarse review :)

Probably best viewed from a distance!

> * was easy to apply to 4.13-rc5 and rebase to 4.13-rc7 or letux-base - no
> conflicts

I can pull the latest changesets and merge, I guess.

> * I had to rename some things (config, dtb-name) from minipc to minibook to
> make it compatible to how it is named in Letux (yes, I know there is
> confusion about the naming...) shortly: minipc is too generic - and the
> sales box calls it Minibook (not Minipc).
>
> 	Well we could also call it "mipsbook_400" - should we?

I had forgotten about the mipsbook_defconfig stuff. I can leave it up to you
since I don't have any strong opinion, although I'm sure you can expect lots
of combinations of MiniPC, Minibook and MIPSbook in the code and commit
messages. Maybe the latter is already a different thing, though. (Personally,
I prefer Minibook and that's what I call it colloquially.)

> * can I add your signed-off: for making the git patch public?

Yes, sure! We had this discussion two years ago. :-)

> * I have started to add a keyboard matrix DT definition and added some
> other peripherals

I wonder if the matrix definition includes the actual key identifiers. My
other recent experiences have involved L4Re/Fiasco.OC where the device trees
can include all sorts of identifier collections (although limitations
prevented me from fully exploiting them).

You'll have seen that the board file includes the arrays of key identifiers,
but bringing it in from the device tree is going to be a lot cleaner. I guess
you have a lot more familiarity with this from GTA04 than I do, though.

> Unfortunately my cross-compiler doesn't handle HOSTCC very well and mixes
> up some includes. So I was not yet able to compile anything :(

I work in a Debian chroot, by the way. However, my host system is also Debian,
which means setting that up is fairly easy.